What do I get for my money?
A ski ticket includes many services!
It's amazing what such a small, colorful printed thing, called "lift ticket," has to offer in the ski resort Sankt Johann-Alpendorf: a day of fun, comfort, sport, pleasure, experience, plus a guarantee of safety.
Two things, that you get with your ski ticket, are more than obvious:
But did you know that...?
- … every night 7 piste machines, including 3 with cable winch, autonomously prepare the slopes in Alpendorf?
- … a piste machine costs as much as a single-family home, approx. € 500,000?
- …117 snow cannons are working for you and produce the white splendor artificially if required?
- … a snow cannon on average costs as much as an Audi A4, approx. € 35,000?
- … the production of one cubic meter of snow by machine costs approx. 3-4 Euro?
- … there are 6 ski bus lines to Alpendorf and the lift company covers most of the costs for the ski bus in Alpendorf alone?
- … in the last 3 years alone, more than € 30 million were invested into the improvement of the ski area?
- … more than 100 employees are employed at the Alpendorf lift company in the winter?
- … the cable car systems in the Alpendorf ski resort can transport 21,614 people/hour?
- … the cable cars pay compensation to the landowners for use of the land?
- … there are high safety standards for the operation of cable cars and slopes and cable cars are the safest means of mass transportation in the world?
- … the cable cars promote charitable work of the winter sports clubs with special offers, slope infrastructure, and discounts?
- … the runs are mostly fertilized organically in summer, which has very positive effects on the biodiversity and the landscape?
- … the employees of the lift company in the summer not only maintain the cable cars, but erect fences, maintain hiking trails, perform excavation work and the set up and break down the summer recreational offers on the mountain?
- … the cable cars make a major contribution to the national and international marketing of the holiday region?