We are working hard for you
and can present some news in winter 14/15
snow making system
Not every winter starts with tons of natural snow, therefore we invest in our snow making systems to guarantee a winter start on time
- new water reservoir "Gsteng" (enlarged from 28.000 m3 to 180.000 m3 water capacity)
- 2 new pump stations
- 14 km of new water pipelines
- 107 snow making machines only in Alpendorf
- within 5 days it is now technically possible to bring snow on all slopes in Alpendorf (when temperatures allow it)
- slope to the valley (Alpendorf) has broadened
- improved slopes at e.g. "Obergassalm" and "Hirschkogel/Strassalm"
- improved slope from Kreistenalm to Sternhof
There are now 105 ha of slopes in Alpendorf only.
betterpark alpendorf - NEW!!
Also our fun- and freestyle park "betterpark alpendorf" is new in winter 2014/15.
- new location: Hirschkogel (the park changed location with our race and speed-run)
- new park-set-up: with easy, medium and difficult obstacles
- total length: 900 m
- amount of obstacles: 25
Around 60 % of the obstacles in the park will cater to beginners and slightly advanced freestylers. The rest is here for all the sophisticated and well advanced skiiers.
panorama platform "Geisterturm"
An existing transmitter tower was encased by a 2-floor-panormic platform which provides a beautiful 360° panorama on the surrounding mountains and alpine area. The name "Geisterturm", which means Ghost Tower, stems from our summer adventure park on the mountain which is called Ghost Mountain.
The last two years a lot of things were changed and modernised in Alpendorf. Click here to see what we did last year.